Governing Board Responsibilities
The school Governors have a legal responsibility for the overall management of the school and are actively involved in school life in many ways. They work with the Headteacher and staff to:
- manage the school budget
- agree the school curriculum
- monitor pupil achievement and behaviour
- decide on staffing levels
- oversee the school premises
- meet a range of other statutory duties
Our Governing Board always makes decisions collectively and its composition is statutory and laid out in its constitution:
- Parent Governors are elected by the parents of children at the school from amongst their number
- Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese on recommendation by the PCC.
- Staff Governors are members of the school staff elected by them and the Headteacher.
The minutes of the Governors’ meetings are available from the school office and anyone with a legitimate interest in the school can ask to read these at any time.
Please follow the link to the member and trustee information on the DSAT website.