How can parents support?
- Inform your child’s class teacher if there are any issues that may be affecting your child
- Make time to listen to your child
- Regularly have fun together
- Help your child to see things from the other person’s point of view
- Encourage your child to develop a ‘glass half full’ approach, i.e. to look for the positive
- Encourage ‘peaceful problem solving’
Your child’s progress will be carefully monitored during the ELSA programme and your child will be encouraged to use his or her new skills in class or in the playground. If the school or parent feels the child needs further support the school has access to a range of external support services and this can be discussed with our SENDCo.