Primary PE and Sport Premium
Joint funding by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport provided Cranborne First School with a total of £17,034 for 2019-2020.
The provision of the additional Sport Funding from the Department for Education has allowed us to provide internal specialist sports and PE coaching. This has enabled us to improve both the quality and continuity of our PE curriculum, facilitating skills to be established, built upon and developed throughout the school.
During the academic year 2019-2020 some of our key achievements have been;
- Increased opportunities for all children to engage in team games and sports through whole school activity days
- Enhanced engagement and physical activity by using Active English and Maths of the Day resources
- Improved access to sports for all children during early morning club and at lunchtime by using skilled teaching assistants and introduction of lunchtime dance.
- Continued involvement in competitive sport in football, netball and rugby
- Marked improvement in healthy eating for children and staff by installing new kitchen and cooking healthy food on site