Vision and Values
Our School Values & Ethos
In formulating our ethos we have considered the tradition of church schools, remembering the foundation of Christian faith that informs them, and wanting to convey that our faith is real and communicated in word and action.
We nurture every child, family and staff member in our school community and encourage our children to develop Christian values of love, friendship and respect for all around them. We inspire their curiosity and support their learning to prepare them for their future.
Our values are reflected in these behaviours:
- Providing a safe environment where every individual is valued and empowered and where achievement is celebrated
- Creating a learning environment, with a broad and balanced curriculum, within which our children can achieve and can excel
- Enabling each child to realise his or her full potential
- Fostering in every member of our school community a caring and responsible attitude and a respect for others and the world in which we live
- Developing self-esteem and self-discipline in each member of our school community
- Forging partnerships with parents and the wider community for the benefit of our children
- Offering every opportunity for children and adults to experience joy and wonder within the context of our village and its surrounding area and providing opportunities for experiencing other cultures
- Embedding a forward-looking culture
- Looking back, looking around, looking forward, all in the light of the Lord.
We summarise these values in our school motto: Love, Learn, Fly