What Can Parents Do To Help?
- If you feel that your child is unhappy at school please speak to your child’s class teacher in the first instance. This will ensure that we can work together quickly to solve any issues before they become an obstacle to attendance.
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly, arrives on time, follows the uniform guidelines and brings the necessary equipment for the day.
- Talk with your child about the importance of good attendance at school and how it can affect their future.
- If at all possible try to keep medical appointments outside of the school day, inform the school well in advance if this is not possible.
- Only grant days at home for genuine illness – you know your child.
- Do not take your child on holiday during term time.
- Praise and reward good attendance.
- Report your child’s absence if they are too poorly to attend. Please contact the school before 9:15am. Please do this for each day your child is absent (unless you have informed us that s/he has been signed off by a doctor for an extended period of time).